Meet Kevin Dillon, he’s a PC Repair tech Warren, Ohio, USA. Here’s what he has to say about film photography and the project.
I’ve been using film since the 70’s, starting out with a Focal Tele-’Lectro 110 camera, then learning photography, developing and darkroom printing in HS, using a Yashica GSN rangefinder. At the last minute I decided to go old-school and am swapping out my AF Pentax for something a little more “hands-on”…
Equipment for this project:
- Minolta SRT-SCII w/ 50mm MD f2 – body sold exclusively though Sears, Roebuck & Co. – $17.99
- Vivitar 28mm f2.8 $10.00
- Soligor 135mm f3.5 – the T4 mount version – $8.00
- Focal DT-5000S Zoom flash – $5.00
Total cost w/shipping was at or just below $50.00
- Film – Ultrafine Xtreme 400 B&W purchased online since I can not find any B&W locally.
- Developers – FPP-110, Rodinal, Photographers Formulary TD-3 or Caffenol Concoction.
Kevin says “It has been years since I’ve done any processing, so this should be fun!”
You can find Kevin online at the following:
Instagram: ricoh_shooter (not really posting there yet, but I hope to)
3 thoughts on “Frugal Film Project – Kevin Dillon”